Use It Up...Shell Beans

Beans are a nutritious, fiber-rich, economical addition to our diets.  You can buy many of these beans canned, can them yourself, or cook them from the dried state.  I have found that if I rinse and drain any cooked or canned beans, they freeze just fine.  I measure them out in recipe-size portions, like a cup or two, into plastic freezer bags and freeze them flat.  They thaw quickly, ready to use.  So if I have a half a jar or can left, or I want to have some cooked ahead, I simply freeze the leftovers (or planned overs).
They are delicious in soups, chili, casseroles, salads, nachos, enchiladas and burritos, and mashed and seasoned as a dip, or mashed and added to meat loaves.

Here are just a few recipes to use any cooked beans you may have extra:






















































No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi...we'd love to hear from you.
Comments are moderated before appearing...Thanks.